Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Our winners, Jacqueline Berman and Akash Garg, on the street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Jacqueline and her mom at Blo Blow Dry Bar in Chelsea.
- The Heidi Elnora gown, fresh from the Nordstrom Wedding Suite
- Laramie Glen of online beauty booking service Book Your Look gives Jacqueline that bridal glow.
- Akash's dad helps him with his tie.
- The Black Tux, an online tux-rental company, provided Akash's attire,
- The first look
- Before the ceremony, the couple exchanges letters.
- The forest-floor–inspired bouquet from Sprout Home>
- Officiant Sarah Ritchie leads a custom, non-denomination ceremony on the roof of The McCarren Hotel and Pool (formerly
- Check out that view!
- Jacqueline and Akash exchange wedding rings from Brooklyn jewelry store Catbird.
- After the ceremony, guests share a champagne toast.
- The coconut cake came from Magnolia Bakery
- The bride's mom and the groom's dad photograph the first dance.
- The bride and her dad
For our fourth annual Weddings Week, we didn't just research and write a bunch of stories about weddings—we actually planned one, too. This past Saturday, June 7th, Racked gave away an entire Brooklyn wedding to Jacqueline Berman and Akash Garg, New York–based grad students who won our Instagram contest back in May.
Below, follow along as the day unfolds, from early-morning blow-outs at Blo in Chelsea to the ceremony and intimate reception on the ridiculously scenic rooftop of The McCarren Hotel and Pool in Williamsburg. Like what you see? Stay tuned: We're hoping to turn this into an annual tradition.
· All Weddings Week 2014 stories [Racked]