Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- ASOS Color Block Racer Front Bikini Top,
- Made by Dawn High Neck Crop Top in Powder (more colors available), $68
- Beach Riot Monte Top in Cream, $125 at Need Supply Co.
- Beach Riot X UO Blocked Racerback Bikini Top, $20 (from $86) at Urban Outfitters
- Lisa Marie Fernandez High Neck One Piece, $228 (from $570) at My Wardrobe
- Geo Halter Bikini Top in navy/multi,
- Zimmermann Hydra Printed Halterneck Bikini, $260 (including bottoms) at Net-a-Porter
- Seafolly Pop High Neck Suit,
- DKNY Bandana Print Racer Front One-Piece, $116
- ASOS Reindeer Print Swimsuit, $61
- Motel Rae Bikini,
- Indah Sazerac Cutaway One Piece Swimsuit, $141 at Shopbop
- Jets by Jessika Allen One Piece High Neck in black/white, $151 at Everything But Water
- Athena Moon Glow High Neck Tankini, $68 at Zappos
- Becca by Rebecca Virtue Classic Bra Top in Teal, $64
Meet your shoulders' summer lover: The racer-front. Like a bib top for the beach, the style rides high in the front and skimpy in the back, with a universally flattering scoop in at the clavicle. Tan lines are your biggest challenge here, but if you get a chest burn on day one of vacation, a racer-front is a damn practical choice for day two. Check out fifteen takes on the racer-front, including bikini tops, sets, and one-pieces from the likes of Beach Riot, Lisa Marie Fernandez, and even Forever21.