Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Here now, the very Best In Beauty: Cosmetics, skin care, nail polish, and more tiny miracles personally vetted and loved by our editors.
Within the territory of glorious summertime—precious season of beach days and late nights—comes a bouquet side effects: Sticky, sweaty, smelly side effects. Thankfully, the beauty industry has attacked just about any un-floral smell that could possibly emit from your being, but where to begin in this world of spritzes, sprays, wipes, and roll-ons?
Find here eight products our editors trust to feel fresh all season long, including the best natural deodorant we've found and the all-purpose towelette you'll want in all your summer bags.
· Evian Mineral Water Spray ($14 for two): "When you don't have a pool boy to spritz you with water, this mineral water spray is the next best thing. You can use it to set your makeup, refresh your skin or even remove pool water, perspiration and more. Plus, it's small enough to fit in your handbag."—Susan Stapleton, Racked Vegas Editor
· Beautycounter Rosewater Uplifting Spray ($32): "Whenever I'm in need of a quick spritz of fragrant hydration, I whip out this lifesaving spray. I dig that it's scented with organic rosewater instead of synthetic fragrances."—Natalie Alcala, Racked LA Editor
· Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($18): "I may be crazy for spending money on this, but spritzing this on your face and neck when you're disgustingly hot is the best feeling in the world. I bring the travel size everywhere."—Tiffany Yannetta, Racked Managing Editor
· Mane Intentions Odor Neutralizing Hair Fragrance ($24): "This strange-but-true product is great for a post-wokout hair spritz. I discovered it in the retail area of Exhale, and started using it on my way out of barre class. The Apricot Honey scent is my favorite."—Jenny Berg, Racked Chicago Editor
· Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant ($14): "Having wasted a lot of money on almost every so-called "natural" deodorant on the market, I can testify that this one is a winner. It's got a smooth consistency, it's easy to apply and it won't leave you smelling like an old gym sock forgotten in a hot locker."—Leslie Price, Racked National Editor
· Shiseido Pureness Oil Control Blotting Paper ($18.50): "A must for your handbag, these oil blotting papers keep your face looking fresh with a matte finish. Bonus: There are 100 in each package."—Susan Stapleton, Racked Vegas Editor
· Red Flower Italian Blood Orange Refreshing Hand and Face Towelettes ($5): "I use these after yoga when I don't have time to take a shower, after a sticky commute into the office, or right before bed."—Tiffany Yannetta, Racked Managing Editor [*Multiple editor nominations]
· Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes ($12): Refreshing and good for the environment? Yes, please. These wipes are super gentle and contain aloe vera, cucumber, chamomile, and vitamin E that can remove even eye makeup. And Josie Maran always makes products that keep the environment in mind."—Susan Stapleton, Racked Vegas
· Yes to Coconuts Cleansing Wipes ($6 for 25): "The latest addition to the Yes To line is a coconut range, and I've fallen for these cleansing wipes. They're bigger than the average makeup removing towelette, and they manage to take off the icky stuff while moisturizing with a formula that isn't too heavy for my skin, which is on the oily side."—Nicola Fumo, Racked Market Editor
· All Best In Beauty posts [Racked]