Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome back to Editor's Essentials, a Wednesday feature in which editors from around the Racked network discuss their all-time best buys.
- Photo by Driely S. for Racked.
- Nicola Fumo, Racked market editor: "I think Topshop does a great job with high-waisted styles, which are great for balancing my apple shape. I bought these
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked New York editor: "Club Monaco naturally does a really good work short, if your office is OK with that sort of thing. I really like these
- "For something more casual, I'm into Joie's Treyla Shorts ($138), because they look even better when they're wrinkled."
- Eileen Sutton, Racked social media editor: "These Aritzia Ramsay Shorts ($33) are my 'it's 92 degrees an
- Izzy Grinspan, Racked editorial director: "These G1 day shorts ($105) have a cool Wes Anderson Boy Scouts vibe but still fit like they're c
- Jenny Berg, Racked Chicago editor: “I take the cheater’s route to shorts by wearing rompers. No real styling needed, besides some sandals and a few delicate bracelets if you’re so inclined. Loft has a
- Eileen Sutton, Racked social media editor: "I usually veer away from denim shorts, but Rag & Bone's
- Esther Hahn, Racked San Francisco associate editor: "For those of us without the proverbial thigh gap, these One Teaspoon
- Izzy Grinspan, Racked editorial director: "I'm a sucker for Courtshop's shorts situation, especially these insanely flattering, high-waisted Kar
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked New York editor: "There's a store in my hometown, New Jersey mall called Love Culture that's like an even trendier Forever 21, if you can stomach that. Most of their denim cut-off s
- Natalie Alcala, Racked Los Angeles editor: "Being a born-and-raised Angeleno, I consider myself somewhat of a shorts connoisseur. Aussie label MINKPINK makes the best teeny-tiny cut-offs for petite girls li
- Leslie Price, Racked National editor: "Ksubi's Albuquerque cut-off shorts are the gold standard of jorts, in my opinion, but virtually impossible to get your hands on these days (try
- Kenzie Bryant, Racked National Engagement Editor: "I don't think I can overstate the following: I'm a shorts person. Specifically jorts. I've gone multiple summers wearing just frayed denim. This was before gainful
Forget shark scares at the beach, shorts are the most frightening part of summer, hands down. In an earnest effort to help you avoid sausage thighs and other unfortunate shorts side effects, our editors have rounded up the very best shorts styles, brands, and stores for work, weekends, and all the summery situations in between. Click through for high-waisted wonders, low-slung culottes, and the One Teaspoon jorts an editor swears have thigh-slimming powers.
· All Editor's Essentials posts [Racked]