Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome back to Editor's Essentials, a Wednesday feature in which editors from around the Racked network discuss their all-time best buys.
- Photo by Driely S. for Racked.
- Caitlin Petreycik, Racked New York Features Writer: "Clare Vivier's Mini Sac ($195) is the most non-bag bag I own
- Elizabeth Grinspan, Racked Editorial Director: "I've been stalking Steven Alan's ultra-thin Lilly bag ($99 on sale) all summer. It's so skinny that it'
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked National Managing Editor: "Kate Spade Saturday's Mini A S
- Danielle Directo-Meston, Racked LA Associate Editor: "LA-based bag brand RoviMoss' Mini Square Crossbody ($177, on s
- Natalie Alcala, Racked LA editor: "Pro tip: Camera bags are secretly the best teeny-tiny crossbody bags. When I want to go hands-free with very minimal cargo, I grab my 3.1 Phillip Lim
- Kate Friedman, Racked DC Intern: " Alexander Wang's Brenda camera bag
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked National Managing Editor: "The pint-size Mini Agenda by Loeffler Randall ($325) is perfect in
- Nicola Fumo, Racked Market Editor: "I've always been fairly certain that Proenza Schouler's PS11 (from
- Susan Stapleton, Racked Vegas Editor: "I've become a huge fan of Danielle Nicole and her non-leather yet fashionable handbags, and the
- Natalie Alcala, Racked LA Editor: "Just like camera bags, strapped phone pouches also work great as compact carriers. LA's Elisabeth Weinstock makes these incredibly luxe
- Danielle Directo-Meston, Racked LA Associate Editor: "Whenever I can't decide on a carryall, Coach's
- Natalie Alcala, Racked LA Editor: "If you're on a bit of a budget, Cali-born designer Rebecca Minkoff is the queen of affordable mini bags. Her
- Susan Stapleton, Racked Vegas Editor: “This Coach
- Esther Hahn, Racked SF Associate Editor: “Designer Cindy Gellersen started her handbag and accessories brand Atelier Bits after she fell down a cliff with a horse during a nighttime trail ride. Neith
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked National Managing Editor: "I've had this J.W. Hulme Co. Legacy bag ($390) for about five years now, and I swear
Going out with a little bag is an exercise in self-restraint. It forces you to reassess what's "essential," pair down to the very primal basics of society (phonewalletkeys), and arrange those true necessities in a game of what one of our editors calls "handbag Tetris." It's a liberating operation, literally and figuratively: Without all that stuff filling a big bag, a teeny crossbody leaves both hands free and shoulders unencumbered—let the good times roll.
Find below 15 small bags our editors love, from luxe phone pouches and itty-bitty camera bags to more substantial day bags that offer "the perfect amount of space to keep from packing like a doomsday prepper."
· All Editor's Essentials posts [Racked]
· How a Fever Dream Launched LA's Sweetest Bag Line [Racked]
· Haul It All: The Best Travel, Laptop, and Baby Bags [Racked]