Welcome back to Editor's Essentials, a Wednesday feature in which editors from around the Racked network discuss their all-time best buys.
- Twenty-Five Bedford
- Natalie Alcala, Racked LA Editor: "For trousers that make me feel like a stylish boss lady, I turned to Eileen Fisher's concept label The Fisher Project. The NY designer's bestselling
- Eileen Sutton, Racked Social Media Editor: "I've been wearing a lot of Aritzia to the office this summer, especially these Wilfred pants ($95), which
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked Managing Editor: "Like most offices, ours is freezing, so in the summer I like to wear pants that aren't super heavy so that I don't die from the heat when I step outside. My favorite line right now for those is
- Nicola Fumo, Racked Market Editor: "Tibi kills it in a lot of departments, and trousers happens to be one of them. They're slim fitting (and slimming) and, much like the rest of the line, surprise you with cool little details, like the sexy
- Nicola Fumo, Racked Market Editor: "The only other cool trouser I can think of is AYR's Summer Slouch pant ($185). Full disclosure, I haven't yet road tested
- Nicola Fumo, Racked Market Editor: "Lastly, for a straight-up work pant, J.Crew's slimming, cropped
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked Managing Editor: "If I could, I'd stack my closet with Equipment blouses, but the price tag doesn't really work for me. Joe Fresh makes a clean silk
- Izzy Grinspan, Racked Editorial Director: "The best lightweight option for tops I've found is Everlane's silk tank ($55). It's loose but not exces
- Caitlin Petreycik, Racked New York Features Writer: "I'm really into Everlane's new-ish, affordable collection of short-sleeve and sleeveless blouses, all under $50. Maybe it
- Nicola Fumo, Racked Market Editor: "Twenty-Five Bedford is a new, online-only line started by a woman who worked in finance and was frustrated with the few, frumpy options th
- Kristen Philipkoski, Racked San Francisco Editor: "I love to tuck a light, flowy blouse into high-waisted pants or a skirt when I need to not look like a hippie. The Podolls’ silk fabric is one of my favorites. This
- Danielle Directo-Meston, Racked LA Associate Editor: "I recently picked up this incredibly soft sleeveless button-down ($45) from Alternative Apparel. It's the perfect coffee-
- Natalie Alcala, Racked LA Editor: "Los Angeles label Michael Stars currently has some fantastic, office-appropriate sleeveless blouses on deck. I could see this luxe
- Esther Hahn, Racked San Francisco Associate Editor: "There is no better closet workhorse than the Theory Betty 2 Dress, $118 (was $295). Keep
- Adele Chapin, Racked DC editor: "There's a reason Aritzia's Sabine dress ($150) is almost sold out in a lot of colors. It's made from floaty, pure sil
- Eileen Sutton, Racked Social Media Editor: "I don't think Otte sells anything that would outright offend anyone's boss. I bought a printed dress from their in-house line<
- Izzy Grinspan, Racked Editorial Director: "I'm obsessed with this incredibly light, silky dress from Need Supply ($110.) We're living in a moment in which wearing a cafta
- Caitlin Petreycik, Racked New York Features Writer: "COS has become my go-to for work dresses lately, mostly because they've hopped on the fashion caftan train. I just bought
- Kristen Philipkoski, Racked San Francisco Editor: "When it’s hot out and I need to be in a relatively conservative setting, I go for a long-sleeved dress in a light fabric (that way I don’t freeze in the A/C or roast outside). I once had an intervi
Dressing for the office in the summertime as a woman is a feat, an art, a juggling act: Trying to keep decently covered for the work place while still navigating the long, hot days—and possibly a heavily over-air conditioned office—is serious business.
While Racked HQ is understandably pretty lax in terms of dress code, many of us have done time in stuffier offices with hemline rules, shorts bans, or sleeveless guidelines. Here, our editors from across the US have compiled some of their favorite trousers, blouses, and dresses for keeping office-cool in the dead of summer. (Need more inspiration? Check out our Working It series).
· All Editor's Essentials posts [Racked]