Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
J.Crew's instructions for wearing this sweatshirt: "At a loss for words? Toss this on." Here are a few times that you may be at a loss for words, but this sweatshirt would make the situation a heck of a lot worse.
1. When pushing for a promotion.
2. When teams are being chosen for dodgeball. That's just pathetic. Take it off.
3. When asking your Tinder friend to take things to the next level, or perhaps a level.
4. Proposing, or
5. Asking your partner if he is cheating on you.
6. To get those STD test results.
7. At any interview. Except for maybe one at J.Crew.
8. If you've somehow made it to the final round of The Bachelor, or are waiting for a verdict on Shark Tank.
9. A courtroom. That's gotta be illegal.
*The sweatshirt is currently 25% off because even J.Crew has realized it's probably a bad idea.