Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· A Texas debutante tells her story [Lucky]
· Sears has lost almost a billion this year [NYT]
· Walmart's getting even cheaper with in-house label [The City Wire]
· Report finds young people are disinterested in wearables [PandoDaily]
· Inside J.Crew designer Frank Muytjens' beautiful home [Valet]
· Modern underwear banned on Downton Abbey set [Vulture]
· Blogger Peace Love Shea does shoes for Steve Madden [Harper's Bazaar]