Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Lauren Conrad, fresh off a run as a bridesmaid for a very Laguna Beach wedding, has launched her own collection of Paper Crown bridesmaid dresses. The bride-to-be unveiled the collection on the cover of Martha Stewart Weddings's fall issue, modeled on her own bridesmaids. She's got nine bridesmaids, for the record. Each will be able to wear a different style, since LC designed 12 dresses for the Paper Crown bridesmaid collection.
The collection is priced from $220 to $325 and ranges from full-length to midi, with one knee-length gown. "We didn't really go shorter than that because it doesn't really feel appropriate, and if that's what you want, then you can always shorten the dress," Conrad told Martha Stewart Weddings.
It sounds like Conrad is a pretty chill bride too. She asked her bridesmaids to choose any style they liked from the collection and let them pick from two colors, and she doesn't care how they wear their hair. "Again, I think that weddings are about celebrating, and you want everyone to feel comfortable, so I think it's about whatever is going to make them feel pretty," she said.
Jeannie dress, $220, Natalie dress, $260
· Paper Crown Bridesmaids [Official Site]
· Lauren Conrad Has Designed a Line of Flawless Bridesmaid Dresses [Elle]
· Lauren Conrad Is All Set to Wed! [Martha Stewart Weddings]
· Lauren and Lo from The Hills: Your Perfectly Pinterest Bridesmaids [Racked]
· Gauntlet Thrown! Allure Calls Lauren Conrad's Style 'Basic' [Racked]
· Follow Sarah Jessica Parker's Weekend Bridesmaid Adventures [Racked]
· Allow Lena Dunham to Model Reformation's New Bridesmaid Line [Racked]