Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If you are a size 38, boy are you in luck. A left Prada walking shoe is being sold on eBay for the incredible price of $16.89. The seller makes it very clear that the shoe is not a pair, "DISCLAIMER: ONE SHOE ONLY." He/she goes on to list the reasons why you might be interested in buying one shoe without a pair:
· have severely mismatched feet
· are lower limb amputees
· have lost one shoe of a new pair
· have damaged one shoe of a pair
· are part of a trend of wearing different shoes on different feet
· use authentic luxury designer shoes for use in photo shoots
· are store and boutique owners and use luxury single shoes for display
· cannot afford these expensive shoes but want to have one in their closet
Anyone that desperate to have Prada "in their closet," should note that there are cheaper Prada options on eBay. Like these lensless sunglasses for just $0.99.