Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Jennifer Aniston has revealed the secret to finding the perfect tee: have it tailored for your body! No big deal, normal stuff here. Discussing her style with makeup artist Bobbi Brown for Yahoo Beauty, Aniston says that her jeans-and-tee look is "laziness" but that her perfectly undone aesthetic doesn't come off-the-rack. "This is my secret: the trick to t-shirts is I that I usually tailor them," she says. "Which is silly, but it works. Or you just have to find the perfect one." She goes on to list her favorites, which include James Perse and Theory. As for jeans, she loves Helmut Lang, and Hudson but, "I take the pockets off of Hudson jeans, because I like the fit, but not the pockets."
More important Aniston factoids for superfans include:
· She lets her body have bread on the weekends, but it doesn't really "love carbs": "I just had a bagel. I usually give myself bread on the weekends, but really, my body doesn't love carbs."
· She has her own weight issues: "These days, if I was being super picky, I would love to drop five pounds. That is just where I have always been really comfortable at about 110 to 113 pounds. But it is harder to get that down, at this age."
· She's not a fan of Botox: "I think, what I have been witness to, is seeing women trying to stay ageless with what they are doing to themselves. I am grateful to learn from their mistakes, because I am not injecting shit into my face. I see them and my heart breaks. I think, 'Oh god if you only know how much older you look.' They are trying to stop the clock and all you can see is an insecure person who won't let themselves just age. I also have a fiancé who will put a gun to my head if I touch my face in any way."
· But her anti-aging "secrets" are kind of bogus: "My dad is 100 percent Greek; he turned 81 and he barely has a wrinkle. And neither does my grandmother, who was 95 when she died. But it's also just water, drinking a lot of water, using really nice good products for your face. Don't overproduct, that's the other thing. Getting proper sleep is always important." Water!
· Here's the real deal: "There are also so many things that women can do today with technology in terms of LED light therapy, good lasers that tighten the muscles, and massages for your face—and don't forget great creams. I think that's the route to go."
· Jennifer Aniston Opens Up on Aging, Style, & Perfect Hair [Yahoo Beauty]
· Jennifer Aniston Gets Stuck on Eyeballs When Discussing Fiance [Racked]
· Jennifer Aniston's New Cut Took 'A Few Hours' To Get Right [Racked]