Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Turns out there's no shortage of people who are willing to get Reebok's logo permanently tattooed on their body. Reebok dropped in on the Tough Viking competition in Stockholm, Adweek reports, and set up a tattoo studio where folks could get tattoos of Reebok's newish logo. Whoever got the biggest Reebok tattoo won a one-year sponsorship worth about $5,800 in Reebok gear. Looks like covering your entire thigh is what it took. The winner, Camilla Nilsson, now has her own Reebok ad, with the tagline "Pain is temporary. Reebok is forever."
Not only did eight other people get a Reebok tattoo that day, 94 people had their names on a wait list for the corporate brand tattoo. There just wasn't time for them all to get inked. Reebok made an intense video about it, in which a Swedish tattoo artist says: "We could have ten tattoo artists here and we still wouldn't have time for everyone."
· Woman Gets a Giant Reebok Tattoo, and Her Very Own Ad to Go With It [Adweek]
· Say Goodbye to the Reebok Logo You Grew Up On [Complex]
· Reebok's Crazy-Cool New Exercise Method Premieres in London [Racked]
· The Messy, Rapid Rise of Obstacle Course Racing [Racked]
· Long Live Yoga Pants: Why Gym Apparel's Bound to Stick [Racked]