Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Fall's a time for fresh starts, and what better place to begin than your own home. We've teamed up with the home decor and furniture site Lulu & Georgia to offer a $500 gift card to their online shop to help kickstart the process. To enter, head to Pinterest and pin your home makeover inspiration to any of your boards with the hashtag #RackedLuluGeorgia.
And even if you don't score the grand prize, you can still cash in on a special reader discount: just enter Racked20 at checkout for 20% off your order, starting today and running through the end of the contest at 11:59pm on Friday.
THE RACKED LULU & GEORGIA HOME MAKEOVER OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES . NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Contest: The Racked Lulu & Georgia Home Makeover Contest (this "Contest").
2. Contest Period: This Contest begins at 11 AM (ET) on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on Friday, October 3, 2014 (the "Contest Period").
3. Rules: These Official Contest Rules, together with the General Rules for all sweepstakes and contests sponsored by The Curbed Brands (owned by Vox Media, Inc.) comprise the entire set of Official Rules governing the Contest.
4. Eligibility: Contest open only to individual legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding territories and possessions), who at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of Sponsor (as defined below) and each of its respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, advertising, public relations and promotion agencies, the judges, and members of each of their immediate families (i.e. spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter.
5. How to Enter: There is one (1) method of entry for the Contest.
No Purchase Necessary: Pin a representation of your "dream home makeover" to a board on your Pinterest account (the "Contest Entry"). Your Contest Entry should be showcase originality and inspiration. Your Contest Entry must include the handle @luluandgeorgia and the hashtag #RackedLuluGeorgia in the Contest Entry's caption.
In order to participate in the Contest, you must "follow" Racked (at www.pinterest.com/racked/) and Lulu and Georgia (at www.pinterest.com/luluandgeorgia/) on your Pinterest account from which the Contest Entry was submitted.
Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, contain profanity, nudity, sexual content; hateful content of any kind; content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature; or any other offensive content (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Entries must not contain material that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous. Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations; or promote any political agenda or party. Entries must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without express written permission from the person or persons (or their estate) depicted in the Entry. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and not contain any material that could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor, its subsidiaries or affiliates. Entries must not violate or encourage the violation of any law, rule or regulation. No illegible, incomplete, forged, or altered entries will be accepted.
Limit: one (1) entry per person regardless of the method of entry. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. Prizes and Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Prize: One (1) $500 Gift Card to Lulu & Georgia
No. of Winners of Each Prize: 1
Prize Description: The Winner receives one (1) $500 gift card to Lulu & Georgia's online store at https://www.luluandgeorgia.com/.
Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $500
7. Selection of Winner: At the close of the Contest Period, Sponsor will evaluate all eligible entries received during the Contest Period and will select one (1) entrant to be declared the winner based on the following judging criteria: style displayed in Contest Entry (50%), originality of Contest Entry (30%), composition displayed in Contest Entry (20%). The selection will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest.
8. Winner's List: To obtain a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Sponsor at the address listed below. Requests must be received within two (2) weeks of the close of the Contest Period.
9. Questions: If you have any questions regarding this Contest, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase "Contest Question" written in the subject line of the email.
10. Sponsor: Vox Media, Inc., 1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW, 11th Floor, Washington, DC 20036.