Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Bright Cobalt: Tibi coat, $950
- Aurora Red: Zara dress, $80
- Mauve Mist: Topshop Boutique sweatshirt,
- Sangria: J.Crew pant, $90
- Radiant Orchid: T by Alexander Wang dress, $350
- Misted Yellow: Jason Wu gown, $3,850
- Royal Blue: Acne hat, $130
- Cognac: Massimo Dutti boot, $250
- Cypress: Rag & Bone hat, $195
- Aluminum: Madewell coat, $328
Labor Day has passed, school has started, and despite spring 2015 hitting the runway this week, it's probably time to think about your fall wardrobe. Color authority Pantone releases a list of its top hues for each season, and fall's are nothing short of "untypical," says executive director Leatrice Eiseman. She furthers that the challenging palette "make[s] for an artful collection of colors and combinations not bound by the usual hues for fall," but, "there is a feminine mystique." No diggity.
Without further ado, your fall 2014 colors: Radiant Orchid, Royal Blue, Aluminum, Aurora Red, Misted Yellow, Sangria, Mauve Mist, Cognac, Bright Cobalt, and Cypress. Now get to shopping—we've started the process for you with picks from Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, Madewell, and more.
· Fall 2014 [Pantone]
· Under $100! Thrilling Fall Updates You Can Justify Wearing Now [Racked]
· Vital Jewelry Update: Five New Shapes to Know, 50 Ways to Wear [Racked]