Cookie banner

This site uses cookies. Select "Block all non-essential cookies" to only allow cookies necessary to display content and enable core site features. Select "Accept all cookies" to also personalize your experience on the site with ads and partner content tailored to your interests, and to allow us to measure the effectiveness of our service.

To learn more, review our Cookie Policy, Privacy Notice and Terms of Use.

clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

This Blogger Will Make $5 Million in 2014, Just By Selling Shoes

Chiara Ferragni via Getty
Chiara Ferragni via Getty

Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.

Fashion bloggers raking in more than $1 million a year is no longer just the stuff of internet dreams, thanks to companies like rewardStyle who routinely hook them up with major brands, facilitating a steady stream of revenue. But WWD is reporting that a $1 mil+ salary doesn't even come close to what The Blonde Salad's Chiara Ferragni is currently pulling in.

According to the report, Ferragni is estimated to make $8 million this year alone and only 30% (about $2.4 million) of that will come from advertising and brand partnerships. The other 70% (about $5.6 million) will come from her footwear line, the Chiara Ferragni Collection. The business is three seasons old and is sold in nearly 200 stores around the globe.

Maleficent Slippers, $238.40

Haven't heard of it? That's because the shoes haven't even hit the U.S. yet. The collection, priced between $220 to $500, is set to make its stateside debut in spring 2015. And if her recent collaborations with American shoe brands are anything to go by, the collection is bound to be a success. Ferragni collaborated with Steve Madden on a 10-style capsule back in February that sold 16,000 pairs in the first two weeks.

Superga also collaborated twice with the blogger on a line of shoes that sold out within weeks both times. Her social media reach doesn't hurt sales either—from February to September, Ferragni's Instagram account grew from 2 million to 2.8 million followers, and she reportedly gains between 4,000 and 5,000 new followers each day.

· The Blonde Salad's Chiara Ferragni Talks Fifth Anniversary and Footwear Launch [WWD]
· Gossip, Money, Bloggers: A Hard Look at rewardStyle [Racked]
· Random Fashion Blogger from Utah Makes $1 Million a Year [Racked]