Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Photo: Getty Images
At last night's Pepsi Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show Press Conference, Katy Perry dressed in a football-themed outfit and dropped some hints about her performance. To wit:
1. Katy's outfit references the ball used in the sport eight times, including one real-life accessory football.
2. But that number doesn't include Katy's toenails, which were transformed into an additional ten tiny footballs.
3. It's going to be wild. Whether or not she means literally wild TBD, but she noted that she'll be joined by "a lion and sharks" onstage.
4. There is a female singer planned to accompany her (rumor is Missy Elliott). She's going to be good, so good that "when you hear the first ring of the chord, I think jaws will drop and faces will melt."
5. She's excited. She's "spiritual experience" level excited.
6. "There is not a diamond on the shoe that has not gone past my eyes," So apparently, there will be diamonds on her shoes.
7. She has physically prepared herself for this life event, "I think that we're all athletes out there on the field. We're all very athletic in the show. We're really prepared."