Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Khloé Kardashian is Into the Gloss's latest Top Shelf subject, following in the footsteps of several of her sisters. In Kim's profile, there were recommendations for $455 Guerlain moisturizer and $7 Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, and Khloé's follow-up doesn't disappoint. Below, we broke down her profile into easy bits of Kardashian beauty wisdom:
1. H and M is not the same thing as H&M: "One time I said to someone, ‘I have H and M tomorrow,' and they were like ‘Why are you going to H&M?' I thought everyone knew that H and M meant 'hair and makeup,' but then I realized it's just us."
2. Too-dark foundation has its uses: "My favorite foundation is the Chanel Vitalumière Aqua in 60 Beige. It's light, so I get it a few shades darker and apply it with a kabuki brush like a bronzer."
3. Primer is worth the investment: "When Joyce [Bonelli] does my makeup, she doesn't use a primer. But personally, I like it. It just smooths you out and makes makeup go on so much easier."
4. Always be powdering: "When my t-zone gets oily, I feel like it makes my face look dirty, so I'm powdering with Ben Nye Translucent Face Powder all the time. Even at a red light...definitely before I leave my car, too."
5. Sunspots are no joke: "I'm also very into putting sunscreen on my hands when I'm in the car—I don't want to get sunspots. I keep a bottle of Lancôme's formula in my glove box. I also like the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen because it doesn't leave the film that others will, which greases up your car."
6. Product hoarding is natural: "It's crazy how many nude lip crayons I own—I probably need to get rid of some. This Kardashian Beauty Sheer Joy Tinted Lip Balm [ed note: discontinued] is one of our products we did as a limited edition for Christmas, and I love it. I'm going to be so pissed when it's done—it's like a stain, so I can even wear it to the gym."
7. Lipsticks are great but lip pencils are greater: "I normally like to do a lip pencil and then fill it in with the same pencil because it stays on all day, and you don't have to reapply it. I love Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencils. They literally do not move on your lips."
8. Two face cleansers are better than one: "Every night, I wash my face with two different cleansers. One is the Kiehl's Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser. It's for breakouts because it's just so intense. Then I use one that's all-natural from my dermatologist, Dr. Christie Kidd."
9. Eyeliner can, in fact, double as eyeshadow: "Charlotte Tilbury is really great as well. Her lipsticks are good, but I love the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Bronzed Garnet. It's eyeliner, but I just used it yesterday kind of as a shadow and smoothed it out with a shadow brush."
10. Basically, labels are meant to be ignored: "I use one of [Mama Mio's] other products called the Pregnancy Boob Tube every day. It's got avocado oil and shea butter so when your boobs are growing you don't get stretch marks. I like it though, because it tightens your neck, too. I've been using it everyday for a year. Now people always ask me, ‘Why do you have this?' hinting as if I'm trying to have a baby, and I'm like, ‘No, no. It's just because I fuckin' like it.'"