Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Jimmy Fallon scored a much-sought-after interview with Games of Thrones's Khaleesi, as played by Kristen Wiig. The comedian brought along her taped cleavage (handy!), blonde locks, and shoulder-dwelling pet dragon for the appearance. Kristen Wiig knows bundles and bundles of crucial facts about the beloved Khaleesi, which are certainly worth catching up on and memorizing before your next binge-watch:
1. Her real name is Karen.
2. She's originally from..the forrest.
3. Her pet dragon's name is Karl/Karlie Karlisia, and joined her for her late night appearance.
4. Her favorite food is meat. Just raw meat.
5. Her favorite article of clothing is long skirts.
6. In her spare time she plays the mandolin and does spells on people (but not in a witch-y way).
7. Her other hobby is stand up—but obviously "it's about rocks and like swords and stuff," so you probably wouldn't get it.
8. She's a huge Kristen Wiig fan. (They met on the flight over! Total coincidence!)
9. She arrived on a plane because the airport has weird restrictions about landing dragons.
10. She has a hit song called "Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful," plus a sweet set of pipes for singing it.
Emilia Clarke, the original TV Khaleesi, verifies all of this. All of it.