Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Four days ago, Scott Disick posted his smiling visage to Instagram with the words "got my summer smile on thanks to @brightwhitesmile." This morning E! reported that he and Keeping Up With the Kardashians colleague Kourtney Kardashian broke up after he was photographed canoodling with an ex in Monte Carlo. Since then, the advertisement for a teeth whitening kit has racked up over 10,000+ comments about the relationship, not the teeth. Small sample of feelings:
- jenny_lolm @sophien21 you cant take a side if u dont know the story. And being direspectfull. You are acting like a child. Grow up !!
- thebbhouse you're fucking disgusting
- azaleasbooty you done fucked up this time
- ssweetfabreguii I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU
- ayo_yayo Y'all stupid. They don't even have sex or sleep in the same bed. It makes sense if he cheated.
- dazey_danger You're gonna be hating life very soon @letthelordbewithyou. She'll never take you back Dumbass!!
- johnnydesantis The guys ugly anyway, out of kourtneys league
And clearly the best out of all 10,000, which I read all of:
- lanawintahs HOW DARE YOU
- lanlounh23 U HORRIBLE BITCHIEST BITCHY BITCHER BITCH THAN ANYONE ON THIS MILKYWAY
Bright Smile White, for its part, hasn't taken down its own part of the sponsored post, so they must be enjoying the dubious traffic this turn of events has allowed.