Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Here's Anna Wintour's unofficial guide to looking like you have something more important than fashion week or just something involving Roger Federer to do.
- Show up early to assume front row seat, as she did for this morning's Public School show.
- Cross arms at a 90-degree angle as if to say, "I really have somewhere else to be."
- Look bored, but not too bored.
- Dress in plain colors so that when the opportunity arises you can escape to a black vehicle idling outside.
- Change into a bright blue cardigan and ear to ear grin.
As for what happens when you've done this correctly? Looks like it involves a U.S. Open seat next to fellow fashion week escapee, David Beckham.