Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
What could be more exciting than a behind the scenes look at a photoshoot with Kylie Jenner? Well, after today's live updates from Elle Canada—just about anything.
Kylie and the magazine took to Twitter to share updates from her December cover shoot. Unfortunately, like most people at work, the intimate details of her day aren't very interesting. Sure, she has a glam squad tending to her every need, but just like us she fills up on juice and Facetimes with her family members.
Even though the play-by-play was a bit lackluster, we did learn a few things about Kylie. Check out our takeaways.
1. She bleached her eyebrows. Remember that time her older sister Kim Kardashian bleached her eyebrows, and she looked like a completely different person? Yeah, this wasn’t like that. Kylie opted for a few shades lighter on her brows, but it wasn’t that shocking.
2. She's really thirsty. Kylie Jenner must get pretty parched when she is posing in front of the camera, or she is just very indecisive. Elle shared that she ordered three juices at a time: green, carrot, and berry.
3. She lines her own lips. Even though Kylie’s perfectly capable makeup artist Joyce Bonelli was on set, she chose to line her own lips. This is not surprising considering she is so particular about they way they look. It is truly an art.
4. Beyoncé is her soundtrack of choice. Like every other person on the planet, Kylie enjoys listening to Queen B while she is working.
5. She's game to wear sparkly jumpsuits. A quick look at her wardrobe showed an array of high-cut glittery leotards on deck.