Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Did you see the trailer for The Shallows, the story of a surfer named Nancy, played by Blake Lively, stuck on a rock while a very scary shark circles the water around her, yet? The movie might be Lively's Cast Away, but with a much tinier island and no Wilson (unless — twist! — the shark becomes her Wilson), but do this for me, please. Forget Blake Lively. Forget the shark. Forget the rising tide. Get to know Kelly Richardson, Lively's stunt double in the film.
A brief visit to to her IMDB bio yields a truly accomplished fake Blake Lively resume. It includes:
1. Worked in a scuba shop in high school and became a rescue diver and divemaster
2. Worked on scuba boats in California and also Turks and Caicos
3. Graduated from Berkeley
4. Spanish speaker
5. Portuguese speaker
6. English speaker. That's three languages.
7. Was on the triathlon team, a thing that exists at Berkeley
8. Once played a character named "JET SKI BULLY"
9. Lived your dream of training at the prestigious Alvin Ailey School for dance in New York
10. Lived your dream of working as a ski and snowboard instructor in Tahoe during the winters
11. Lived your dream of going to Brazil to join the circus
12. Granted a Fulbright to make the documentary Without a Net, which is about the teens of a favela in Rio, who audition for the circus in hopes of making a life that doesn't involve crime
13. Then...THEN, she went to Hollywood to become a stuntwomen, where she worked on everything from MTV's Awkward to Bones to San Andreas.
What. A. Badass. Life. Her stunts for the The Shallows will probably involve quite a bit of water work, which is great because Kelly has "strong in water" listed under "list of abilities" on her resume.