Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Like all Willow Smith profiles, this latest one with Teen Vogue succeeds in making one both attracted to and deeply confused by the 15-year-old Hollywood progeny. It also makes one feel very, very close to the grave.
Though it is widely known that Willow Smith is a Chanel ambassador/alien goddess from a galaxy that is definitely not this one, here are some new things we learned about Willow Smith from said interview:
1. Willow Smith likes to sew.
2. Willow Smith is a self-proclaimed "STEM freak."
3. Willow Smith chatted with female professors at MIT about science and logic, and might attend school there.
4. Willow Smith's eyeliner philosophy is "all about emulating the colors you feel inside," which is probably the best eyeliner philosophy, tbh.
5. This whole interaction between Willow Smith and Siri: "'I see myself as a — hold on, let me ask Siri.' The teenager whips out her iPhone and speaks into it, drawing stares from tables nearby. 'Siri, define artisan.' Everybody's favorite robotic voice serves up a satisfying definition: Artisan is a worker in a skilled trade, especially one that involves making things by hand. 'Ah, OK, yes!' Willow allows. 'I call myself an artisan.'"
6. Willow Smith is studying how to produce songs from mathematical equations.
7. Willow Smith "hosts underground teachings in quantum mechanics."
Wait what? Yeah: Willow Smith hosts underground teachings in quantum mechanics. Meanwhile, this blogger who is nearly a decade older than Willow Smith will be over here, struggling to make it through the first sentence of the "quantum mechanics" Wikipedia page.