Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Once Taylor Swift’s May Vogue cover was unveiled, we knew it was only a matter of time before the magazine released some equally newsworthy video content connected to her appearance (remember "Who’s the Best Best Friend?" from her dual cover with Karlie Kloss?!). And we were right! This morning, Vogue shared Swift’s "73 Questions" episode, during which — for those unfamiliar with the series — she allowed the mag’s video team to ask her a bunch of rapid-fire, random questions while showing them around her Beverly Hills home.
Most of Swift’s answers won’t come as a surprise to her fans — She loves high-waisted stuff! She owns countless guitars! She drinks a lot of coffee! — but there are a handful of revelations tucked in, too. The best bits, below:
- When asked, "What’s something you always wanted to try but you’ve been too scared to do?" she answers, "Coachella!" (Guess she conquered that phobia.)
- Her boyfriend Calvin Harris planted an olive tree in her yard for Christmas. (Hopefully affixed with a gift tag reading "Olive you!" because that would be so Taylor Swift.)
- When prompted to describe her look for the upcoming Met Gala, Swift jokes (?) that she’ll be dressed as "a robot carrying a sword."
- Clickbait bores her more than "anything in life" right now, which is ironic considering how many clickbait-driven stories she inspires each day.
- The best birthday cake she's ever had was from Momofuku Milk Bar, for her 25th birthday. "It was so good that even Jay Z raved about it," she remembers.
- The woman whose closet she’d most like to raid? Blake Lively. (Join the club, Tay.) Considering that the two are already pals, this can probably be arranged.