Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
We get it — it’s hard to remember to buy gifts on time. Even if you remind yourself weeks in advance and find the perfect thing (with what feels like time to spare), when you finally get around to making the purchase, shipping times can be frustratingly long.
But thankfully Amazon Prime exists, and most of us are already members. (Or at least more than half of all American households have memberships; if you don’t have one, here’s where you can sign up). Back around Mother’s Day, we reminded you that Prime memberships also apply to fashion site Shopbop. When you’re shopping for Father’s Day, don’t forget that you can use your Prime membership for East Dane, Amazon’s men’s fashion site, too. Whether you love the retailer or hate it, you have to admit that buying via Prime is one of the surest ways to secure a last-minute gift that doesn’t look last-minute at all.
The key is sorting though the household items and janky accessories at Amazon to find the brands you’d want to be shopping for anyway, and finding the dad-friendly items among the young-skewing fashion options at East Dane. To help you get that package in the mail as quickly as possible (as of press time, you’ve got four days and counting!) we’ve picked out some highlights from both sites below.
- Vince Cabana Shirt, $105
- Aer Fit Pack, $120
- Tom Dixon Tank Whiskey Glasses, $70
- Larsson & Jennings Lader Watch, $295
- Anonymousism Beacon Crew Socks, $16
- Owen & Fred You Earned It Bottle Opener, $28
- B&O Play Portable Speaker, $340
- Critical Cycles Commuter Bike Helmet, from $22
- Speedo Men’s Watershoes, $17
- Le Specs Bandwagon Sunglasses, $69
- Filson Waxed Canvas Field Duffel, $195
- Hengsheng Macbook Air Sleeve, $15
- Baxter of California Sweet Ash Candle, $60
- The Hill-Side Small Flower-Print Tie, $85
- UKeg Pressurized Growler, $149
- Patagonia Fleece Pullover, from $118
- Carhartt Tool Roll, $25
- Bolter Cotton T-Shirt 4-Pack, $25
- Art of Shaving Sandalwood Shave Cream, $25
- Larose Straw Fedora, $155
- Cole Haan Weekender Slip-Ons, $130
- Woolrich Buffalo Plaid Blanket, $95