Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
There are a lot of things for a groom to worry about when he’s getting married, and toward the bottom of the list is groomsmen gifts, probably.
Most of the standard gifts fall in a couple of stereotypically masculine categories, like beer or shaving kits or cuff links or something — anything! — meat-related. Either that, or it’s something commemorating the day. And yeah, I get it — it’s your special day or whatever — but no groomsman needs a shirt with a screen-printed selfie of you and your partner smooching at Niagara Falls with your wedding date underneath.
And sometimes these two categories combine for a diabolical gift, like a flask etched with the wedding date into it. Come on, guys: You can do better than that.
Below, a handy list of gift suggestions that will make sure your wedding party actually wants to see you after the honeymoon.
- A classic gift, a classic watch: Timex Waterbury United Stainless Steel and Leather Watch ($120)
- Handsome knives that actually work: Victorinox 3-Piece Rosewood Flat Set ($144)
- Give the gift of ultimate comfort: Wings + Horns Cabin Fleece Robe ($170)
- Some of the comfiest sweats on the market would be a welcome addition to any man’s closet: Nike Tech Fleece Sweats ($100)
- Quite possibly the coolest-looking carry-on ever, which also comes with a built-in scale, phone charger, and location tracking using Bluetooth: Raden A22 Carry ($295)
- This might seem ridiculous, but if your groomsmen are a fashionable bunch, give them these ultra-stylish socks: Thom Browne Ribbed Mid-Calf Sock In Lightweight Cotton ($90)
- Maybe this is selfish, because if I were a groomsmen this is what I would want: Bonavita Coffee Brewer ($121)
- Sunglasses that’ll never go out of style — it’s in the name: Han Kjøbenhavn Timeless Sunglasses ($180)
- A one-size-fits-all gift. No one is going to be disappointed to receive a nice-ass pair of sheets: Parachute Percale Sheet Set ($89 to $149)
- If you don’t get these for your groomsmen, at least get them for yourself (or me): Todd Snyder x PF Flyers Leather High Tops ($160)
- This list: No longer lacking in “manly” gifts: Coveted Home Poker Set ($60).
- You can write something cheesy in the card like, “Thank you, groomsmen, you made me as comfortable through this process as these slippers will make you.”: Mahabis Sortland Navy Luxe Edition ($219)
- You can infuse liquor with any flavor you want. Need I say more?: Alchemix Rapid Liquor Infuser and Carbonator ($79)
- Probably, definitely, the worst idea on this list. If you have a couple Twitter-obsessed groomsmen, though, this could be fun: Framed Tweets ($49)