Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
"How was your weekend? You look refreshed."
Two very different people (my new boss, who has quite the pedigree in beauty, and a skincare-clueless young man) said these exact words to me to me the morning after an application of Kiehl's Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque. The only makeup I was wearing that day was mascara — MAC Upward Lash, which is absurdly good for long, defined lashes, FYI — so it wasn't like my complexion was aided by an exceptional application of skin tint or something.
This "masque" is powerful, man.
And I'm not even a big mask-head! Normally I find the more I mess with my skin, the more problems I create (as in I have turned down more than one free facial, please don't murder me). This formula seemed to suck all the gunk out of my face as it dried, polishing away as I rinsed it off. I immediately sent a Snapchat to a friend: "I just deleted my pores."
To answer all of your questions:
- No, the turmeric will not stain your face yellow
- The cranberry seeds are to exfoliate and do they ever
- It takes ten or so minutes to dry, then you rinse it off
- You're supposed to do it before bed, no more than three times per week
- Yes, it smells great
- It's $32 for a two and a half ounce pot (which sounds tiny but I've done three rounds now and have used maybe 25% of the product)
Love beauty? Follow our Pinterest board: